Category Archives: Japanese Drama
I came across the latest remake of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (drama), I ended up finishing this in one go (5 episodes)…marathon style (thanks to Olympic *smirk*).
A time travel story with series of adaption. I just get to know that instead of three adaptations, it actually have four (minus the novel). The basic of the story plot was a girl gained the power to time travel. The way she used this supernatural power however differs, from amending the current situation to avoid an awkward situation to find an answer to a current situation.
As for this post topic above, I’m going to sum all three adaptations I had watched just because but without spoiling the fun. Let start the rambling with the latest one.
The drama. There’s Mihane Yoshiyama (Yuina Kuroshima), Shohuei and Goro as the three musketeers.
The love story. The friendship stirred up when one boy tried to confess his love while the other fell in love out of curiosty. Guess who Mihane chose?
The movie. A lovely quirky girl named Akari Yoshiyama (Riisa Naka) on a quest back to the past and met Ryota san.
The love story. Mom wanted to reminisce her first love and daughter decided to find the man only to found another love. Did mom’s first love founded?
The anime (movie). We have Makoto along with her two side kicks, Chiaki and Kousuke.
The love story. I love Chiaki *confessing*. hahahaha
Comparison of all three adaptation. I somehow have a feeling that the slight differences to the plot might influenced by the “WHAT IF” rules, which kind of fun.
I watched the anime (movie) version around 9 years ago and I did have a thought of “WHAT IF”…what if they were separated and try to find each other later? And the movie version almost gave the answer to that. And then, “WHAT IF” both guys actually fell in love with her? “WHAT IF” we want more detailed stories that happened? Hold and below, the drama fairies waved their wand and we have the latest version (the drama).
I still have a sour heart feeling towards the OTP of the latest version. Cheering for the second lead is my kind of thing lately *sigh*.
And if you have to know which version I favour more…
It’s the anime version. The journey to pursue happiness was more laid back and delivered in simplicity, which I adore.
And….Rae shouldn’t get entangled with a red haired-Chiaki *smirk*.
Warning: Not for those who wanted a “and they live happily ever after” ending.
I think that people are similar to bags.We trust them our important things.Like somebody’s words, somebody’s smile, somebody’s smellPeople are like bags….… But actually no one can open their bags.
The 2nd season was repeating the storyline from the first season with a twist here and there. However, I will watch this series till the end and that mean till season 3 (have Haruma Miura oh..]. And if you’re wondering or guessing… yes, the boys looked so damn good and that’s the reason I’m sticking to it.
As for Gokusen the second season, I can’t help but imagining Mokomichi Hayami (role as Tsuchiya in Gokusen 2) would be the perfect Sendoh of Slamdunk *giggle*. Or perhaps as Rokawa Kaede too… *sigh* tough choice people. His face and height fit perfectly in the team. gosh!!! Oh well, Haruma Miura can be Rokawa Kaede *drool*…. ~carried away~ *sigh*
By the way, I can’t find any updates of the Gokusen’s manga anywhere. The latest was from Jun 2009 (volume 14) and I’m getting upset. *sigh*
And so I did and.. I had a few thoughts on this dorama but everything mixed up in my mind at the time being. Well, let me start with something that some might wondered:
Has MatsuJun managed to capture my heart as Sawada Shin?
To the first timer with me, you should know how much LOVE I have for the manga-Sawada Shin [read here]. He’s one of the superb male character in manga. Now.. about MatsuJun as Shin, urghh.. how should I put it in word? Let just say that it’s not a love at first sight. I needed more time than I thought to click with this SHin. The “look” was there alright but something about him or was it something that he lacked off which lead to the feeling of distance between my heart and this SHin. Well, that’s how I felt while watching the earlier epi.
HOWEVER, after episode 8, my heart and mind made peace with MatsuJun being Shin (told you I needed more time *hehehe*). If you wondered WHY? It must be the different story plot between the manga and the on-screen series itself. Some basics of the story differs to what I’m used to. The Kuroda family’s lawyer that Yankumi should had crush for ages was not in the dorama (replaced by the police officer-Shinohara)… neither was Shin’s gorgeous older brother (replaced by a younger sister in the dorama). I preffered the manga version of Fujihara sensei as well.
At this rate, I’m enjoying the dorama as it is since the dorama itself was fun and entertaining at no doubt. My brain is ALMOST been RESET and I’m at the stage of “not looking forward upon any memorable scene from the manga” to be in any series of Gokusen drama (including Sawada SHin being called Young Master Red Lion*sigh*). Yukie Nakama as Yankumi was good. She’s hilarious.. much more than the manga version. But the younger Yankumi really reminded me of the younger Yankumi in the manga. Her voice.. her face… her aura.. (aiseh…)
Will I proceed with Gokusen 2 & 3 later? Yes, definetily.
and the Movie? Sure, why not!
I must however RE-ANNOUNCE my view, thoughts and hope since Shin’s characther will not be around till the end of Gokusen’s series. I DID mentioned that Gokusen will not be Gokusen if there’s no Shin. Look like Shin was not in the main picture of Gokusen on-screen like in the manga from the start*double-sigh* (Shin’s did not even scored as an important role in the “sport day” story while in the manga, he’s the one who “brought honour to class 3-D”). However, in a good way.. I felt relief since I still can’t accept of seing Shin ended with Yankumi at the end in the manga. Fated to be from the start??? urggghhhh..
While watching it, the memory of watching The Mighty Ducks during high school came back to mind. Feeling the tense, the anxiety, the rush of adrenalin.. not forgetting sharing the joy when “they” won. hahaha… I actually clapped my hands in front of the monitor. My sister said that Japanese are best at faking things nicely. They can make you believe that they are really into that thing. (yes.. a good drama is when I’m fooled completely… hahaa!!) Now, can you imagine the members of the Blue Scorpions to be NOT great on ice? Of course NOT. Just look how gracefully they moved on the ice.
Not forgetting Halu.. xoxox!! How can I not love Halu/ KimuTaku? Even his smirk in this drama can melt my heart.. hahaha!!! Like I told Rin-chan, “Kimutaku sangat bergaya“!! And Aki was a great heroin too. I fell for their love chemistry and I’m liking it a lot. Another great thing about the drama was the theme song-I was born to love you by Queen. wahh!!! Love it! Love it! I rarely stick watching the opening song (usually skip the intro and forwarding it) but different case with Pride. The intro was a welcome sight for me. The song along with the clips… never bored with it (yet). It clicked! \(^o^)/
A few scenes were memorable but definetily we love the ending ね？The finale was the greatest.
Well, I know that I’m lagged off about this drama compare to others since its not the latest drama around. But hey! I’m glad I watched it.
***Now, did anyone noticed that a drama about ice hockey also airing at Astro recently? Not sure if its a remake or just taking the same idea. Its either Chinese or Taiwanese.. saw the ad only but it look like.. hmmm.. *smirk*. Let just say I’m not foolled. o my, I am so mean. hehehe… happy days!!
The goosebump feeling while watching the dorama- Redge, I do understood that feeling. kyaboo … (quoting Nodame *LOL*).
While most series bored me during the second season, I think differently about NCSP. Of course I was entertained so much by it or I wont be kept re-watching it, ne? aishh… I hope that you manage to understand the mix expression I used (Korean+Japanese). Now-now… I really hope they do come with another great 3rd series (upon rumours read okies…). For the time being, just let me ramble here about the scenes I found my self endeared to, or I might never forget (considering I am a truly forgetful person)…
** while Nodame & Chiaki had their first dine out at a restaurant in Paris and mademoiselle Nodame ordered Escargot aka snails (was it?)… omo! Chiaki was so mean, laughing like that ><.
** The other French Puri Gorota’s Otaku= Franz??… muahaha… so cute, though I prefered him speaks french.
** Nodame tried to cheer Chiaki during the Conducting Competition…. cute. Gosh!! and that “D” cup thingy… I laugh my heart out.
** First class attended by Nodame… “A room filled with Chiaki sempai?!?!?” *LOL* Never fail to make me laugh *giggle*
** Maestro Stresseman (so called ^^) get sick in Japan during their tour and Chiaki’s looking after him.. WT*!! The thing Chiaki used as a fever cooler on Maestro’s head… was that what I think it was?? = C****M?? That’s gross…. eww…
** Chiaki’s jealously… ooooo…. love it. It’s fun to see how he/the writer managed to express his feeling in that weird but fun way. cute^^
** the so-called-fighting-and-making-out scene which Nodame mistakenly thought because of the Christmas tree… muahahah.. romantic in its own way.
** the ending was nicely done too. After Chiaki’s final concert, and Nodame running over to get his autograph and “another” kiss, I said to myself “poke her at her head or something-not a kiss”… and so he actually did drew that circle-thingy on her cheek. seriously, kissing her would destroy the cuteness and weirdness of the story no? huahhaha…. ignore me.. do! hheheh…
*** and of course, the pieces played… so nice that I actually grin from ear to ear *smile*. esp Nodame’s reciting moment.
a yes… you can safely say I am dwelling happily in the weirdo forest, for now… ku-ku-ku-ku…
I really wish I could freeze some panels to share but… hey, they’re locked and I am no IT whiz to overcome that. Till then…. later!!!
p/s: about checking the manga, sadly I can only do it a bit later. “Suppose” to be busy coping with other things. *sigh*…
Oh my, I love it so much that I had a second thought on Beethoven Virus *bad-sigh*. How could BVirus ever going to stand on-par with NCantabile when all the orchestra team were made up of kawaii people *gosh*. I know it’s not the latest drama but I really think it a MUST see for those who love music-based story.
p/s: I know some will be smiling reading “the-wind-of-change” in Love&Fever. muaahahha
you bet I am going to check the manga soon! yosh!!!
Which drama? It’s
Atashinchi no Danshi!!
For me, she’s one of the prettiest female Nippon actress.
(though I actually only saw her in Hana Kimi ^^)
Anyway, I was going to write a first impression/ review on Dragon Zakura but ended up with SMILE. I am not really that fan of MatsuJun, but I’m interested with the drama knowing the story-plot. Yup! Need to ‘install’ my brain with something to think about and stop thinking about my kkoch namja deul for a moment *kya…* >_< (eventhough that’s mean am going to watch yet another Yakuza-influenced-drama-thingy). Yes, a drama about discrimination in every aspect of life and through every level (even you’re a lawyer) should trigger my thinking cap and making me start to count my blessing. \(^o^)/
p/s: btw, should I start focusing on Oguri too? *giggle*
Now, I am enjoying the second season so much better than the first one.^^ hmmm.. The second season of Hana Yori Dango is much-much-much better than the first season. Even the soundtracks were much nicer.
WOW… lots to cover.. here goes:
- This Tsukasa is HILLARIOUS!!! He’s the most BAKA and child-like Tsukasa of all!! Especially when he jumped on his bed, getting all giddy knowing Tsukushi lived in the same house^^ hahahhaa… Tsukasa sure gets most of his words all wrong but the one that cracked me instantly was when he said Tsukushi dressed as a “pro-wrestler” (supposed to be ‘cosplay’ which means playing dress up with costume). OOhhh and that look he had when Tama-san suggested him that Tsukushi’s going to be his personal maid… LOL… *perverted bad thought Tsukasa!! bad! bad!* LOL
- Tsukushi’s gold-handphone with that Star Wars’ ringtone… I like and erm… Tsukasa’s profile named “Mighty Me” on that phone everytime he called her.. LOL
- I like the fact that Mimasaka-san‘s family side was showed in this version. Atleast the viewer get the idea why he’s into matured women compare to his age. His mother and sisters are so cute, just like in the manga. They’re like someone who they pulled out from the book, along with their dresses, hairstyle.
- The Japanese version of Shigeru… *LOVE*. She’s lively.. she’s pretty … she’s such a good friend, and why did I get the feeling that she did not annoyed me with her feelings towards Tsukasa? I really don’t *sigh*.
- Tsukasa’s mother (Mdm Kaede??) kinda looked weird in this second part. Up to the stage that sometime I think she’s almost went insanely crazy. I did not get the chilly feeling like I felt with the Korean’s version however she’s more looked like a mad woman to me^^.
- The scene where the F3 were helping Susumu with his crush is cute.. they’re looked so cute when looking after a little brother like that..
- I never thought they will have that ‘damaged floor’ scene like from the manga eventhough the reason for the broken/damaged floor was not the same.
- Valentine’s scene… aww…. it reminded me of high school. *wink* giving choclate/gifts to someone you admire. LOL.. I used to do that. signed..secret admirer.. LOL how childish^^. but it sure gave some memories to recall back ^^.
- Rui… Oguri Shun… hmmm *thinking and processing really hard*. Have I said that the second season is much better? The same tune goes with Rui. I like Rui much better in the second season. I was a bit sceptical IF I were ever going to enjoy Oguri’s act as Rui but I guess he did manage to capture my heart with a few things that I think he did better than Hyun Joong *yay!!! did I really said that???* HOWEVER…… Am not sure if I will gain enemy(ies) by saying this BUT… I still prefer Hyun Joong’s feeling as Rui *love* He still is my ideal Rui (even though he sucked with the violin playing)… wait.. let say it’s almost a tie (^^!). The two things that Oguri’s act that made my eyes sparkled more were (1) the way he played the violin. Oo..my Hyun Joong, though I love you but you were stiffed with that violin. Oguri did better… *note to future production team.. pay attention to detailsss….!!!!* LOL. (2) The mean way he ditched that Umi (Yumi) girl, the things he said… oww!!! o yeah! High-five Rui!! Back of you Umi!!! Rui is much meaner than Jihu.. *sob-sob.. why Jihu just gave a cold look at Yumi?*. Only two points??? Yes people!!! ^^
- HYD would never be HYD if we did not talk about Rui and Tsukushi right? hehehe… Rui & Tsukushi scene that I like the most is the hospital scene. Yeah… you probably knew it already which scene I am talking about. This Rui sure lucky enough since he manage to express his feeling towards Tsukushi. Unlike in the manga where Rui kissed Tsukushi in his ‘mindless-state’ (during their outing to the island and recently dumped like the korean version), the Japanese Rui kissed Tsukushi with a clear mind. There shouldn’t be any misunderstanding about the kiss right? But then again.. this Rui still attached to Shizuka for quite sometime *sigh*. I wonder if this Rui gathered fans because he’s openly fought for Tsukushi’s heart (well, apart of his kawaii-side of course^^) while Jihu (korean’s Rui) keep it to himself though he quite surprised me with the proposal^^. Rui openly told Makino that he’s won;t let Makino go while my Jihu… he stayed in his 4th dimension… for quite sometime… protecting Jandi from outer space *RAEJIN!! WAKE UP!!! Protect Jihu sunbae!!*
Now, in short.. I would say that I get quite a numbers of good laugh from Hana Yori Dango. Its more ‘fun’ to watch *I should stop this instant!!*. Boys Before Flowers on the other hand for me (PERSONAL OPINION OKAY) is for a more grown up Hanadan fans… it plays with more emotions… yeah.. *well of tears, here I come*. If you just broke up with your boyfriend, you should watch HYD instead of BBF or you might ended up crying even more.. hahahha….
** wasn’t this supposed to be a HYD2 review? Why did I still talked about BBF ?
(^^!) gomen ne~